Cookies are traces installed on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you browse a website. They are managed by your internet browser.
There are different types of cookies: some have a simple technical purpose or aim to improve your browsing experience; others aim to direct advertising to you in line with your preferences, thanks to the collection of personal data when you browse all types of sites.
Some features of this site (sharing content on social networks, direct playback of videos) rely on services offered by third-party sites.
These features deposit cookies that allow these sites to track your browsing.
The addition of complementary modules to the Internet browser also allows you to be informed of the presence of cookies, to accept or refuse them either globally for the entire site and all services, or service by service. To find out more about cookies, you can refer to the following page of the website of the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés. (CNIL)
You will find below the methods that you can use to delete the cookies deposited on your computer, depending on the browser used
- Safari From the Safari menu, select “Preferences” In the window that opened, go to the “Security” tab Click on “Show Cookies” In the window that opened, find and select the Cookies you want to delete, and click on “Delete
- Chrome From the Chrome menu, select ‘Settings’ Display the advanced settings Go to the ‘Privacy’ section Click on ‘Content Settings’ In the ‘Cookies’ section (first section), click on ‘Cookies and site data’ Find the Cookies you want to delete and click ‘OK You can also choose to delete all your cookies.
- Firefox In the Firefox menu, go to “Tools” and then “Options” On the “Privacy” tab, click on “Show Cookies” Find the Cookies you want to delete and click on “Delete Cookies”.
- Internet Explorer Internet Explorer does not currently allow for case-by-case cookie management. To delete all your Cookies: Click on “Tools” and then on “Internet Options” In the “General” tab, under “Browsing History”, click on “Delete”. Check the “Cookies” box and click on “Delete”.
The effects of ‘private browsing’ in your web browser
The “Private Browsing” mode offered today by almost all Internet browsers allows the user to browse the Internet without keeping, in particular, the history of the pages visited or downloads.
With regard to cookies, all those recorded during your browsing in “private browsing” mode will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
The “private browsing” mode does not therefore allow you to refuse or prevent cookies from being stored on your computer during browsing. The “private browsing” mode simply allows you to limit the length of time that cookies collected during browsing are automatically deleted when you close the “private browsing” mode.
Some cookies are only placed if you give your consent
On the other hand, it is recalled that the following cookies do not require the consent of users:
- shopping cart” cookies for a commercial site;
- session ID” cookies, for the duration of a session, or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in certain cases;
- authentication cookies; session cookies created by a media player;
- load balancing session cookies;
- certain audience measurement analysis solutions (analytics);
- persistent cookies for personalising the user interface (choice of language or presentation).cookies de » panier d’achat » pour un site marchand ;
In order to provide you with the best possible information, the site manager uses a dedicated application (integrated into the site in the form of a table below).
This application describes in detail all the cookies present on the site and lists them in real time. This table is therefore updated automatically. You can thus manage the deposit of cookies on your device on a case-by-case basis by checking or unchecking the boxes provided for this purpose according to the category of cookies, by clicking on the Cookie Settings button, located at the bottom left of this page.
This post is also available in: FR