Bachelor in Events and Catering Management (three-year diploma)
Become an operational manager in the events and catering industry thanks to this bachelor degree in Hospitality management, recognized by the French State (RNCP Level II). This bachelor degree is a three-year diploma programme. You can access it in year 1 or 3. This programme is taught 100% in English.
Ecole Supérieure Internationale de Savignac, is one of the European leaders of hospitality, tourism and events management training, and offers a three-year International BA with an entry in Year 1 (for holders of a secondary school diploma) or in Year 3 (for holders of a post secondary diploma or equivalent in hospitality management).
Our international BA in Events and Catering management enables students to acquire technical and managerial skills, for a career in the hospitality, events, catering, facilities management sectors, with an international dimension:
- Learning the fundamentals in the fields of event management, catering and facilities management
- Acquiring expertise in the management and running of an event
- Developing operational managerial skills through innovative and majors courses
- Developing communication and language skills
Develop your work experience thanks to internships and study cases in real conditions throughout the three-year cycle of the BA.
The BA in events and catering management will enable you to access a wide range of jobs within the sector:
- Events organiser
- Catering Assistant / Manager
- Bar Assistant / Manager
- Banqueting Assistant / Manager
- Events coordinator
- Junior Cost Controller...
Getting a management position abroad becomes a reality thanks to your diploma. After your Bachelor, you can start working straight away, or continue your studies with the MBA in Hospitality Management of Ecole de Savignac.
What we offer for a quick integration into work
- The interaction with professionals, lecturers and staff members provides a strong hospitality network
- Career counselling that enables students to perfect their professional plans for optimum employability
- Club Savignac, the Savignac alumni network, provides assistance in accessing the work market. Thanks to the sense of solidarity and mutual assistance of our former graduates, students benefit from additional support in seeking jobs, increasing their chances of finding the job that really suits them
In the first year, students choose a major among the following three:
- Luxury and chain hotels,
- Events and catering,
- Resorts, hotels and leisure complexes.
The three paths are based on a core curriculum. The students discover hotel, catering, events and tourism sectors. They are thus able to confirm or change their choice of major in year 3.
- Marketing and webmarketing
- Cross cultural communication
- Management accounting
- Human resources
- Restaurant techniques
- Trade negotiation
- Public relations
- History of gastronomy
In each bachelor programme, students focus on a particular industry sector during the first two years. The volume of major courses is increased year 3.
The Events and catering major will be about :
- Insight on foodservice industry
- Mass & contract catering management
- Quality management & food production
- Banqueting management
- Event management
- Facilities & operations management
- Tourism economy
- Health regulation & nutrition
- Intensive English communication courses are required for students who have not demonstrated a sufficient level during the admission tests.
- Intensive workshops in English, accounting and/or law for students who enter directly year 3.
Work abroad from year 1
Enjoy a 6-month work experience and choose between:
- work in England, where you will be working for a company. You will have the status of an employee rather than an intern, and as such, you will be entitled to the minimum wage in Britain like any other employee,
- an internship abroad
Long work experiences, in France and abroad
The International BA in Hospitality Management includes 3 work placements for a total duration of 6 to 12 months, in France or abroad. This initial work experience will enable you to gain and expand your skills and professional expertise, as well as defining your career path. Your end of studies work placement undertaken in France or abroad will enable you to perfect your choice of career or facilitate your access to our MBA.
Helping you getting a work placement
A member of staff specifically assigned to the professional accompaniement of students is available to help you choose your work placement and define your missions.
Savignac in the Top 5 of the Eduniversal Ranking
The International Bachelor degree in events and catering management of the Ecole de Savignac is ranked in the 5 best bachelors in hospitality management by Eduniversal / SMBG, the famous students consultancy firm (in 2016 and 2017).
All the programmes of Ecole de Savignac are recognized by the French State
Our bachelor is certified and registered by the RNCP (the 30/08/2016, and published on the 07/09/2016) with the title of "Responsable de service en hôtellerie, tourisme et restauration" - Level II code NSF 334.
The international BA in events and catering management, a three-year diploma, is delivered by Ecole Supérieure Internationale de Savignac, and enables you to acquire 60 ECTS credits per year, or 180 credits for the entire bachelor cycle. Thanks to the ECTS credits, you may continue your studies with the Savignac MBA.
- Year 1: Holders of a baccalaureat, A-levels or equivalent
- Year 3: Students with a two-year post secondary school diploma or equivalent in hospitality management.
- Application form
- English proficiency test
For international students, you can be interviewed online.
- Deadline for application: end of May
- Registration fees: 120 €
- Tuition fees: 6 500 € per year (19 500 € for the 3 years)
- Subscription to the student association (ASIS) : 200 € (professional visits, meals off campus, etc.)
- Option of lifelong membership of the alumni network, Club Savignac : 150€
Catering at École de Savignac is managed by the catering company Sogeres. All students must eat lunch at the cafeteria.
- We can provide you with a list of addresses offering furnished lodgings next to the school (average cost: 320 €/month*).* This figure is given for information purposes only and is likely to change annually.
Answers to questions you may ask yourselves...
- How does recruitment take place?
Recruitment takes place in two stages:
First of all, candidates must carefully complete the application form which they have been sent. Candidates must have studied or be studying English and a second modern language (German or Spanish) at baccalaureat or equivalent level in order to apply.
If you are eligible, you will be invited for an interview. You will also have to take language tests.
- What are the selection criteria?
We are interested in your school reports, in particular, your teachers’ appraisals. Above all, we are looking for motivated students prepared to commit to a demanding programme.
During the interview, your motivation, your knowledge of the sector, your appearance and potentially your career plan will be determining factors.
- Is there a deadline for applications?
We accept applications until the end of May.
- How long after my interview might I expect to receive a reply?
You will receive a reply, be it positive or negative, ten–fifteen days after your interview.
- How do I confirm my application?
The School’s letter of reply will also contain an inscription form to be completed, signed and returned to the School. For students who are abroad, the 800 € deposit must be paid by bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank details). Reception and registration of your form and the bank transfer will serve as definitive confirmation of your inscription at École de Savignac, subject to obtaining your secondary school diploma.
Accommodation and meals
- How do I find accommodation for my time spent at Savignac?
There is a wide choice of rented accommodations within close distance of the School (houses or apartments for single/joint rentals). We will send you a list of addresses once your application has been accepted. The average monthly rental is 320 €.
- How does the cafeteria work in France?
École de Savignac has a cafeteria restaurant on campus. Students must eat their lunch there on weekdays. Meals are also available in the evening, if so desired.
Recognition of the diploma
The three-year International BA in Hospitality Management delivered by École de Savignac enables you to acquire 180 ECTS credits. Thanks to the ECTS credits, you are eligible to apply to École de Savignac two-year MBA in hospitality management