European Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in International Hospitality Management (Bac + 3)
Three years, three countries, three languages and three different cultures. The École Supérieure Internationale de Savignac has a unique three-year diploma programme, taught in English, for students who have completed their secondary school diploma.
Three years, three countries, three languages and three cultures: a unique opportunity to pursue a training programme that will lead to becoming a manager within the hospitality, tourism, leisure and events management sectors.
A unique programme offering a first year in France at the École de Savignac (three months’ work experience), a second year either in Spain, at the Centro Superior de Hosteleria de Galicia, or in Germany at the Angell Akademie in Freiburg (six months’ work experience) and a final year in England (1 semester) and in France at the École de Savignac. In England, courses will take place at the University of Brighton (Eastbourne campus), with the possibility of a paid job for up to 15 hours per week.
This unprecedented programme above all echoes the HRI and the businesses of which it is composed: it is diversified, instructive, rigourous, full of challenges and fascinating!
The three-year European BA enables its students to:
- Acquire technical and managerial skills in hospitality, tourism and events management
- Take advantage of cultural and professional immersion on a European scale (over nine months’ work experience in three different countries)
- Become a trilingual operational manager suited to working in all establishments within the hospitality, tourism and events management sectors
- Start working straight away, or continue your studies with Savignac’s MBA
At the end of this programme, you will be recognised for your European work experience, your intercultural adaptability and your mastery of several languages.
The European Bachelor in International Hospitality Management will enable you to access jobs in a wide range of establishments within the sector :
- Luxury hotels
- Chain hotels
- Clubs, resorts
- Independent hotels
- Tourist apartments/residential hotels
- Open air tourism
- Commercial catering
- Catering concessions
- Institutional catering
- Events organisers, caterers
- Retirement homes, hospitals
Prospects abroad become a reality thanks to your diploma. After your European Bachelor, you can start working straight away, or continue your studies with the MBA in Hospitality Management of the Ecole de Savignac.
Savignac’s little bit extra:
- the interaction with professionals, teaching staff and members of the School’s staff provides a strong HRI network.
- career counselling that enables the student to hone his/her professional plans for optimum employability.
- Club Savignac, the Savignac alumni network, provides vital assistance in accessing the work market. Thanks to the sense of solidarity and mutual assistance of our former graduates, students benefit from additional support in seeking jobs, increasing their chances of finding the job that really suits them.
Year 1 : France
- Hospitality Operations
- Marketing Principles
- Economics and the Business Environment
- Food and Drink Operations
- Applied Learning Techniques
- International Hospitality Business
- Oral, Written & Professional English
Year 2 : Spain or Germany
- Research Methods
Année 3 : Angleterre et France
- Understanding and Managing People
- Managerial Accounting
- Hospitality Design and the Environment
- Hospitality Resourcing and Business Performance
- Hospitality Management in Action
- Contemporary Issues in International Hospitality Dissertation
- Business Strategy
- Elective modules:
- Complementary Modules at Ecole de savignac
- Finance and accounting systems
- Web Marketing
- Introduction to Events Management
- Understanding yourself and others : an essential tool for tomorrow’s leader
Work experience in France and abroad
The European BA in International Hospitality Management includes several work placements of varying length.
In the first year, you will undertake a three-month operational work placement in the hospitality sector. This initial work experience will enable you to gain and expand your skills and professional expertise, as well as honing your career path.
During the second year, your programme continues with one of our academic partners, the Centro Superior de Hosteleria de Galicia (Spain) or Angell Akademie (Germany). During this year you must do a six-month work placement. Our academic partners will help you look for a work placement.
During your third year at the University of Brighton (England), you will have the possibility of working alongside your classes. The maximum authorised work period is fifteen hours per week.
Help in seeking a work placement
The École de Savignac helps you orientate your search for a work placement : files on business partners, the former student network , assistance with your search, with creating your CV and your covering letter, and with preparing for an interview.
A member of staff specifically assigned to the professional accompaniment of students is available to help you choose your work placement and define its parameters.
The European Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in International Hospitality Management is taught by four renowned European educational establishments: the École Supérieure Internationale de Savignac, the Centro Superior de Hosteleria de Galicia, the Angell Akademie and the University of Brighton. You will be awarded a British honours degree by the University of Brighton and you will also acquire 204 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System).
You will also receive a diploma from the École de Savignac validating your three-year programme in hospitality and tourism management.
Thereafter, should you wish to pursue your studies at the École de Savignac, you can apply for the two-year MBA in hospitality management.
- Holders of a secondary school diploma
- Selection based on application
- Test to evaluate the candidate’s level of English and German or Spanish
- Personal motivation interview
For students from abroad, telephone or skype interviews can be arranged.
- Deadline for applications: end May
- Handling fee: 120 €
For students from abroad, the handling fee must be paid by bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank details).
- Tuition fees : 6 450 € per year (19 350 € for the three years)
- Subscription to the student association (ASIS) : 150 € (professional visits, meals off campus, etc)
- Option of lifelong membership of the alumni association, Club Savignac : 150€
- Prerequisite catch-up course (four weeks) : 950 €. This is an obligatory English course (written and oral) for students with less than 7/10 in the English evaluation test.
Meals in France, Spain, Germany and England
Catering at the École de Savignac is managed by the catering company Sogeres. All students must eat their midday meal at the campus canteen. In Spain, Germany and England, students are responsible for their own meals.
Accommodation in France, Spain, Germany and England
- In France– accommodation close to the School : we can provide you with a list of addresses offering furnished lodging (average cost: 320 €/month*).
* This figure is given for information purposes only and is likely to change annually.
- In Germany and England : you will be given a list of possible accommodation by our academic partners.
In Spain : accommodation is solely on the university campus
Answers to questions you may have asked yourself...
- How does recruitment take place?
Recruitment takes place in two stages :
First of all, candidates must carefully complete the application form which they have been sent or print it here. Attention, candidates must have studied or be studying English and a second modern language (German or Spanish) at baccalaureat or equivalent level in order to apply.
If you are eligible, you will be invited for an interview. You will also have to pass language tests.
- What are the selection criteria?
We are interested in your school reports, in particular, your teachers’ appraisals. Above all, we are looking for motivated students prepared to commit to an exacting programme.
During the interview, your motivation, your knowledge of the sector, your appearance and potentially your career plan will be determining factors.
- Is there a deadline for applications?
We accept applications until the end of May.
- How long after my interview might I expect to receive a reply?
You will receive a reply, be it positive or negative, 10-15 days after your interview.
- How do I confirm my application?
The School’s letter of reply will also contain an inscription form to be completed, signed and returned to the School. For students from abroad, the 800 € deposit must be paid by bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank details). Registration of this form and the bank transfer will serve as definitive confirmation of your inscription at the École de Savignac, subject to obtaining a secondary school diploma.
Accommodation and meals
- How do I find accommodation for my time spent at Savignac?
There is a wide choice of rented accommodation within close distance to the School (houses or apartments for single/joint rental). We will send you a list of addresses once your application has been accepted. The average monthly rental is 320 €.
- How does the canteen work in France?
The École de Savignac has a self-service restaurant on campus. Students are obliged to eat their midday meal there on weekdays. Meals are also available in the evening, if so desired.
- How does accommodation work in Germany, England and Spain?
As in France, you will be lodged off-campus in Germany and England (shared accommodation). In Spain, accommodation is on-campus.
How can I help pay for my BA?
Do not forget that you will be earning a wage for nearly six in England, which will help pay for your accommodation and meals. Your status will be that of an employee rather than an intern, and your activity will be governed by a work contract.
Is the European BA internationally recognised?
This honours degree is delivered by the École de Savignac and the University of Brighton in England. You will also receive a diploma from the École de Savignac validating the three-year programme in hospitality and tourism management.
You will also acquire 204 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System).
Thanks to the ECTS, once you have obtained your diploma, you can pursue your studies in any European country that has ratified the Bologna Treaty.
You may therefore apply to the École de Savignac’s two-year MBA in Hospitality Management.