BA (Top-up) in Catering, Events and Facilities Management
Acquire the necessary skills to become an operational manager in just one year. If you already have a two-year post secondary school diploma in the hospitality and tourism sector, you can qualify for this one-year diploma programme specialised in operational management in the catering, events and facilities* professions. This programme is taught in French and English.
* All the support activities vital for the running of a building, site or installation: security, reception, logistics, personnel canteen, maintenance, risk management…
The École de Savignac, together with its professional partners, has developed a one-year management diploma programme, the BA (Top-up) in Catering, Events and Facilities Management. This will enable students to :
- Acquire knowledge and broad experience within the fields of catering, events and facilities management
- Immediately integrate the job market in France or abroad as an operational manager
- Thanks to a multi-disciplinary approach, develop the flexibility necessary to meet the changes faced by a sector in constant evolution
- Develop your skills as an operational manager thanks to innovative specialist courses, work placements and real practical examples.
With the BA (Top-up) in Catering, Events and Facilities Management numerous career opportunities will be available to you in a wide range of sectors such as catering, facilities and events management and the luxury sector:
- Luxury hotels
- Chain hotels
- Clubs, resorts
- Independent hotels
- Tourist apartments/residential hotels
- Open air tourism
- Commercial catering
- Catering concessions
- Institutional catering
- Events organisers, caterers
- Food-processing industry
- Retirement homes, hospitals
This programme enables you to start working straight away or to continue your studies with the École de Savignac’s MBA in Hospitality Management.
Savignac’s little bit extra :
- the interaction with professionals, teaching staff and members of the School’s staff provides a strong HRI network.
- career counselling that enables the student to hone his/her professional plans for optimum employability.
- Club Savignac, the Savignac alumni network, provides vital assistance in accessing the work market. Thanks to the sense of solidarity and mutual assistance of our former graduates, students benefit from additional support in seeking jobs, increasing their chances of finding the job that really suits them.
- Intensive English classes (September)
Course (Period 1)
- Banqueting & Conference Management
- Event Management
- Sales & Negotiating Skills in a Hospitality Context
- Management of teams
- Facilities & Operations Management
- Quality Management & Food Production
- Cross Cultural
- Services marketing
- Initiation to campsite management
- Career coaching
- Communication in English
Internship (Period 2)
An internship of three to six months duration in one of the specialist areas, events, catering or facilities, is an integral part of the diploma.
Work experience in the desired specialisation
The BA (Top-up) in Catering, Events and Facilities Management includes a three–six month work placement in one of the programme’s areas of specialisation: catering, events or facilities management. If well executed, this work placement can constitute a job opportunity.
Help in seeking a work placement
The École de Savignac helps you orientate your search for a work placement: files on business partners, the former student network, assistance with your search, with creating your CV and your covering letter, and with preparing for an interview.
A member of staff specifically assigned to the professional accompaniment of students is available to help you choose your work placement and define its parameters.
The BA (Top-up) in Catering, Events and Facilities Management is a diploma programme taught and delivered by the École de Savignac, for which you will acquire 67 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System).
It enables you to pursue your studies at MBA or Masters level. Students who have validated the the BA (Top-up) in Catering, Events and Facilities Management may apply for the École de Savignac’s two-year MBA in Hospitality Management.
- Graduates of the École de Savignac’s Foundation Degree
- Holders of a two-year post secondary school diploma in the hospitality and tourism sectors
- Selection based on application
- English evaluation test
- Personal motivation interview
For students from abroad, telephone or skype interviews can be arranged.
- Deadline for applications: end May
- Handling fee: 120 €
For students from abroad, the handling fee must be paid by bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank details).
- Tuition fees : 6 500 €
- Subscription to the student association (ASIS) : 100 € (professional visits, meals off campus, etc)
- Option of lifelong membership of the alumni association, Club Savignac : 250€
Catering at the École de Savignac is managed by the catering company Sogeres. All students must eat their midday meal at the campus canteen.
- Accommodation close to the School: we can provide you with a list of addresses offering furnished lodging (average cost: 350 €/month*).
* This figure is given for information purposes only and is likely to change annually.
Answers to questions you may have asked yourself...
- How does recruitment take place?
Recruitment takes place in two stages:
First of all, candidates must carefully complete the application form which they have been sent or print it here.
If you are eligible, you will be invited for an interview. You will also have to pass an English test.
- What are the selection criteria?
You must prove that you have or are in the process of acquiring a two-year post secondary school diploma in the hospitality and tourism sector or the École de Savignac’s Foundation Degree.
We are interested in your school reports, in particular, your teachers’ appraisals. Above all, we are looking for motivated students prepared to commit to an exacting programme.
During the interview, your motivation, your knowledge of the sector, your appearance and potentially your career plan will be determining factors.
- Is there a deadline for applications?
We accept applications until the end of May.
- How long after my interview might I expect to receive a reply?
You will receive a reply, be it positive or negative, ten–fifteen days after your interview.
- How do I confirm my application?
The School’s letter of reply will also contain an inscription form to be completed, signed and returned to the School. For students from abroad, the 600 € deposit must be paid by bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank details). Registration of this form and the bank transfer will serve as definitive confirmation of your inscription at the École de Savignac, subject to obtaining the two-year post secondary school diploma or Foundation Degree
Accommodation and meals
- How do I find accommodation for my time spent at Savignac?
There is a wide choice of rented accommodation within close distance to the School (houses or apartments for single/joint rental). We will sent you a list of addresses once your application has been accepted. The average monthly rental is 350 €.
- How does the canteen work in France?
The École de Savignac has a self-service restaurant on campus. Students are obliged to eat their midday meal there on weekdays. Meals are also available in the evening, if so desired.