Three-year MBA in Hospitality Management
If you hold a two-year post secondary school diploma or three-year degree, the École de Savignac offers you a unique opportunity to validate your years of study and specialise in a thriving sector with international possibilities : hospitality, tourism and events management.
The École de Savignac offers you the possibility of joining its three-year MBA in Hospitality Management. This programme consists of a preparatory year for all students coming from outside the HRI sector or for experienced professionals who wish to acquire management skills.
The three-year MBA in Hospitality Management has a twelve-month preparatory year of which six months are spent on an operational placement abroad. This ‘bridge’ is specially designed for students from outside the HRI sector, and enables them :
- to discover the world of work and the hospitality and tourism sector
- to acquire skills specific to this field of activity (six months’ work experience abroad in operational posts)
- to become acquainted with a range of management techniques
- to experience cultural immersion in a foreign country (six-month work placement abroad) with an intensive communication course in English at Savignac.
The École de Savignac’s three-year MBA in Hospitality Management is a unique programme enabling students with two- or three-year diplomas to become managers within different areas of the hospitality, tourism and events management sectors.
The École de Savignac does its utmost to help its students integrate the job market by training them for a wide choice of careers, in both administrative and operational posts. Numerous career possibilities will be open to you, in the hotel and catering industry, tourism and many other sectors where expertise in hospitality is sought (real estate, e-business, estate management, events management, food-processing industry…).
After your MBA in Hospitality Management, you will be able to postulate for jobs in a wide range of varied sectors, including :
- Luxury hotels
- Chain hotels
- Clubs, resorts
- Independent hotels
- Tourist apartments/residential hotels
- Open air tourism
- Commercial catering
- Catering concessions
- Institutional catering
- Events Organisers, Caterers
- Thalasso spas
- Airline and railway catering
- Retirement homes, hospitals
Savignac’s little bit extra:
- the interaction with professionals, teaching staff and members of the School’s staff provides a strong HRI network.
- career counselling that enables the student to hone his/her professional plans for optimum employability.
- Club Savignac, the Savignac alumni network, provides vital assistance in accessing the work market. Thanks to the sense of solidarity and mutual assistance of our former graduates, students benefit from additional support in seeking jobs, increasing their chances of finding the job that really suits them.
Year 1 Programme
- Economic culture
- Accounting techniques
- Strategic Management
Personal and professional development
- Expression and communication techniques
- Professional values and behaviour
- Service week
Knowledge of professional techniques
- Presentation of the hospitality industry
- Actors of the tourism industry
- Front office and housekeeping
- Culinary production
- The restaurant industry and its products
- Practical work
Communication - English
- Intensive Written English
- English Communication Skills
Year 2 and Year 3 Programme
- The company and its environment
- Strategic management
Marketing and commercial management
Marketing refresher course
- Differentiation, Segmentation and Target Marketing
- Yield Management
- Studies and statistics
- Organising and managing innovation
- Commercial negotiation
- Cloud Branding
- Events planning
Human Resources Management and Development
- Managing the human resources of your team
- Cross cultural management
Economic and financial management
Finance refresher course
- Methodology of cost control
- Hospitality financial management
- Consolidated accounts/Audit and controls
- Business Plan
Law and taxation
Law refresher course
- Hospitality law
- Revenue Management
- Innovation through personal identity
- Space engineering
- Managing a profit centre network
- Thalassotherapy Management
- Event Management
- Supply Management
- Tourism economy
- Tourism Management
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Communication, work methodology, personal efficiency
- Induction seminar
- Managing your team
- Press review
- Understanding all the communication tools
- Networking and recruitment: behind the scene
- Recruitment methods
- Professional project and managerial profile
- Professional behaviour (attendance, punctuality, politeness)
- Service week (teachers, companies, guests …)
- Ecole de Savignac projects
STUDIES, RESEARCH, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
End of studies dissertation
Business development project
Management internship and Consultancy project
For eligible students , possibility for an Erasmus scholarship application as part of the mobility training.
Work experience in France and abroad
The three-year MBA in Hospitality Management includes two work placements:
During the first year (preparatory year), you will have six months’ work experience to enable you to discover the operational side of HRI professions. The placement’s aim is to broaden your professional knowledge and skills, but also to familiarise you with using English.
Between the second and third years of the MBA, you will do a six-month management work placement in France or abroad. This placement will enable you to broaden your professional skills while honing your career plan.
Help in seeking a work placement
The École de Savignac helps you orientate your search for a work placement: files on business partners, the former student network, assistance with your search, with creating your CV and your covering letter, and with preparing for an interview.
A member of staff specifically assigned to the professional accompaniment of students is available to help you choose your work placement and define its parameters.
The École de Savignac’s MBA in Hospitality Management is recognised by the French State at Level 1 in the French Register of Professional Certifications under the title “Manager des entreprises de l’hôtellerie, du tourisme et de la restauration” (‘Manager of hospitality and tourism businesses’, Ministerial decree of 24 May 2013 published in the Journal Officiel on 16 June 2013 under the Code NSF 334p Gestion Hôtelière et Touristique).
It is also accredited by the prestigious international association of professionals in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries, the Institute of Hospitality.
Students will also acquire 120 ECTS credits.
- Students with two- or three-year diplomas or equivalent in any area other than hospitality and tourism.
Target audience: this programme is for students with anything from two to five years’ higher education in sectors other than hospitality and tourism and with less than six months’ proven work experience in the hospitality sector. It acts as a bridge and catch-up for those who wish to specialise in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
- Selection based on application
- Test to evaluate the candidate’s level of English
- Management test
- Marketing test
- Legal culture test
- TAGE II Test (aptitude for management studies)
- Personal motivation interview
For students from abroad, telephone or skype interviews can be arranged.
- Deadline for applications: end May
- Handling fee: 150 €
For students from abroad, the handling fee must be paid by bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank details).
In order to proceed to the next two-year cycle at the end of Year 1, you have to have an average of 10/20 and have had your work experience validated by getting at least 10/20 for your placement report. You will also acquire 60 ECTS credits.
- Tuition fees: 4,950 € for Year 1 of the MBA, then 9,500 € for each of the two following years (or 23,950 € for the three years)
- Handling fee: 150 €
- Subscription to the student association (ASIS)– Year 1: 100 € (professional visits…)
- Subscription to the student association École de Savignac Entreprise (ESE) – Years 2 & 3: 120 €
- Option of lifelong membership of the alumni association, Club Savignac: 150 €
Catering at the École de Savignac is managed by the catering company Sogeres. All students must eat their midday meal at the campus canteen. Evening meals are also obligatory for students living on campus.
- On the Savignac campus: the first year MBA students are obliged to live on campus in the residence managed by Perigordia Habitat: 300 € /mois* for a room.
- Accommodation close to the School: we also provide you with a list of addresses offering furnished lodging (average cost: 320 €/month*).
* These figures are given for information purposes only and are likely to change annually.
Answers to questions you may have asked yourself...
- Who is the three-year MBA in Hospitality Management aimed at?
The three-year MBA includes a first year catch-up (twelve months: six months’ classes, six months’ work placement abroad), specially designed for students from outside the HRI sector. At the end of this preparatory year, successful students move on to the next two-year cycle of the Savignac MBA.
The three-year MBA is therefore for students and professionals wishing to specialise and acquire managerial skills in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
- How does recruitment take place?
Recruitment takes place in two stages:
First of all, candidates must carefully complete the application form which they have been sent or print it here.
If you are eligible, you will be invited for two days of selection tests:
- multiple-choice questionnaire tests in management and marketing,
- you will also have to pass a Business Management Aptitude Test,TAGE II
- an English test
- and a personal motivation interview
3. What is the 150 € payment that accompanies my application used for?
This payment corresponds to the cost of sitting the tests and meals during your stay in Savignac.
- What are the selection criteria?
You must prove that you have, or are in the process of acquiring, a two- or three-year diploma or its equivalent.
We are interested in your school reports, in particular, your teachers’ appraisals. Above all, we are looking for motivated students prepared to commit to an exacting programme.
During the interview, your motivation, your knowledge of the sector, your appearance and potentially your career plan will be determining factors.
- Is there a deadline for applications?
We accept applications until the end of May.
- How long after my interview might I expect to receive a reply?
You will receive a reply, be it positive or negative, 10-15 days after your interview.
- How do I confirm my application?
The School’s letter of reply will also contain an inscription form to be completed, signed and returned to the School. For students from abroad, the 2,200 € deposit must be paid by bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank details). Registration of this form and the bank transfer will serve as definitive confirmation of your inscription at the École de Savignac, subject to obtaining the diploma required in order to integrate the MBA.
Accommodation and meals
- How do I find accommodation for my time spent at Savignac?
For the first and third years of the MBA you will live near the École de Savignac. We will give you a list of individuals who offer furnished lodgings (average cost: 320 €/mois*).
* This figure is given for information purposes only and is likely to change annually.
Second year MBA students have priority with regard to living on the Savignac campus. The School offers rooms belonging to Périgordia Habitat in the form of studios above the School’s administrative buildings. These will be available when you enrol at the School.
- How does the canteen operate at Savignac?
The École de Savignac has a self-service restaurant on campus. Students are obliged to eat their midday meal there on weekdays. Evening meals are also obligatory for students living on campus.
Is the École de Savignac’s MBA diploma in Hospitality Management recognised by the French State?
Yes it is recognised by the French State in the French Register of Professional Certifications (at Level 1) under the title “Manager des entreprises de l’hôtellerie, du tourisme et de la restauration” (‘Manager of hospitality and tourism businesses’, Ministerial decree of 24 May 2013 published in the Journal Officiel on 16 June 2013 under the Code NSF 334p Gestion Hôtelière et Touristique).
Students will also acquire 180 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System) of which 60 ECTS credits for the preparatory year.