Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE)
The École de Savignac enables you to use the Validation of Acquired Experience system to access its Masters qualification entitled ‘Manager des entreprises de l’hôtellerie, du tourisme et de la restauration’ (‘Manager of hospitality and tourism businesses’) in order to boost your career and open up new opportunities for you.
The École de Savignac enables you to use the VAE system to access its Masters qualification entitled ‘Manager des entreprises de l’hôtellerie, du tourisme et de la restauration’ (‘Manager of hospitality and tourism businesses’) in order to boost your career and open up new opportunities for you.
Every year, a number of professionals from the hospitality and tourism sectors approach the École de Savignac to validate their years’ of experience with a State-recognised diploma.
Consolidating your experience, expertise and skills in this way could serve as a springboard for your career.
- Obtaining an application form
- Information about VAE
- Discussion about the candidate’s career plan and what the qualification of “Manager in the hospitality and tourism sectors” means.
- The application form is sent to the candidate.
- Receipt of the application form
- The application form is carefully checked and evaluated.
- If it is eligible for VAE, there follows an interview to jointly agree upon the procedure to be followed.
- The VAE is sent off by the School to the organisation that makes the decisions.
- Creating the VAE portfolio
- This portfolio is intended to show that you have the expertise, skills and experience enabling you to acquire the qualification you are applying for.
- The portfolio can be created with or without accompaniment. The latter is strongly recommended as it significantly increases your chances of obtaining the qualification.
- The accompaniment (methodology assistance) is between twelve and sixteen hours and consists of personalised interviews. The École de Savignac can provide you with this methodological accompaniment for the creation of your portfolio.
- Submission and examination of your portfolio
- Once submitted, your portfolio is conveyed to the validation board for preliminary study.
- If passed by the board, the École de Savignac sends you notification for an interview with the validation board (composed of teachers from the École de Savignac and hospitality professionals).
- Oral presentation of your portfolio before the validation board
- The board discusses your application with you, deliberates upon it and pronounces judgment.
- You may be granted the qualification of “Manager in the hospitality and tourism sectors” outright, or partially, or it may be refused.
- In the event of partial validation, you have five years to validate the missing skills, either through the École de Savignac’s programmes or through professional experience.
The École de Savignac’s MBA in Hospitality Management is recognised by the French State at Level 1 in the French Register of Professional Certifications under the title “Manager des entreprises de l’hôtellerie, du tourisme et de la restauration” (‘Manager of hospitality and tourism businesses’, Ministerial decree of 24 May 2013 published in the Journal Officiel on 16 June 2013 under the Code NSF 334p Gestion Hôtelière et Touristique).
You will also acquire 120 ECTS credits.
This MBA is regularly listed in the Top 5 best MBAs in Hospitality Management by acknowledged magazines such as the acclaimed economics magazine Capital and by specialist career agencies like SMBG website.
In order to apply, you must have a minimum of three years’ professional experience in the hospitality and tourism sectors at supervisory level.
- The accompaniment
You can benefit from a methodological accompaniment to help you to describe, analyse and demonstrate your experience. This is an optional service for which you pay. For further information, contact the École de Savignac.
- Cost of the VAE
The cost covers:
- the administrative inscription (eligibility to the VAE)
- the optional accompaniment (help with creating your VAE portfolio)
- the administrative processing of your portfolio, its examination and your interview with the jury.
The VAE is an in-service professional training. As such, financial assistance may be available.