Year 1 : Fundamentals
Year 1 of the course is devoted to an introduction to the hotel, restaurant, luxury, events and leisure sectors and to the fundamentals of management.
Fundamentals of management
Throughout the 3 years of the Bachelor’s degree, you will acquire the professional knowledge necessary for your future role as a manager: legal culture, accounting, basic marketing, intercultural communication, English Level 1, Spanish or German Level 2 (for any ohter language, please ask us), computer skills, work methodology, etc.
This is the knowledge related to the professional sector such as the hotel environment, operations in hotel structures, rooms, etc. At the end of the cycle, you will have an overview of the organisation, roles and skills necessary to join a hotel and/or catering business.
- Rooms division operations
- Professional environment in a restaurant
- Fundamental knowledge in restoration
- Practical work – catering and service
You’ll discover the entire sector:
- Discovery of the clubs and resorts sector
- Discovery of events
- Panorama of commercial catering
- Panorama of international hotel chains
- Aesthetic dimension of luxury
During the 3 years of the BA degree, you also benefit from professional support, coordinated with the Careers Department: reflection on your career plans through individual support, advice from recruitment agencies (CV and cover letter) … Personal development , it is also the development of your skills in languages, oral and written, and your general culture:
- English compulsory: “English communication” lessons, taught by 4 different native teachers, to work on different accents in different contexts
- Written communication technique and general culture
- Oral communication technique
- For students who wish to strengthen their learning, we offer, in addition, online language courses with our partner Gymglish.
Finally, it is also:
- Work and research methodology course (Study Skills)
- Office: Excel, Word & PPT applied to the management of hotel and restaurant operations
During Year 1, you will spend 4 – 8 months in a company and be able to choose whether this is in France or abroad. You will be working in an operational position: you will discover how the organisation works and understand the scope of its roles and responsibilities.
The programmes are likely to evolve without engaging the Dordogne CCI liability.